KCUrbEx 2021 Roadmap

Any issues or updates with KCUrbEx can be found here!
Snoopy
Administrator
Jami ID: sn00py
Signal ID: pm me 4 it

Hey everyone! So for the past few weeks I've been working on a roadmap of new functions and changes I'd like to have implemented into KCUrbEx by the end of the year.

Anonymizing IP Address Logging:
KCUrbEx currently logs the IP address you sign up with as well as your last known sign in IP address. It is a default phpBB setting and something I have no control over. I'm working on an extension to our software that will overwrite your logged IP address with whats called a loopback IP address 127.0.0.1. The idea is to have logs older than 7 days overwritten permanently.

Setting Up a KCUrbEx Encrypted Chat:
I've been planning this for awhile now but I have been working on an alternative to Signal that will be much more convenient to coordinate for our campouts as well as meetups. Essentially we'll be using Matrix, an end-to-end encrypted chat protocol. The main client works very similar to Discord if you have ever used that. It doesn't require any personal details to sign up to our server which will be awesome! This will be an invite-only room, controlled by our current admins.

Repairing Password Reset on Mobile App:
This is something that recently happened after phpBB did an update. Tapatalk never updated their plugin so I'll be looking at a patch solution myself to get this resolved in a quicker manner.

Repairing Push Notifications on Mobile App
This was also caused by Tapatalk, I'm working with their support to fix it. Until then, I would recommend turning on email notifications as they are still working as normal.

Allowing OG Members Access to Moderation Panel:
A month ago, I made some Core team changes to reduce the amount of people with access to the admin panel. This resulted in a lot of OG users losing additional privileges such as moderation abilities. I'd like to create an OG Mod group that will have heightened moderation ability.

This list is subject to change or additions, we'll have to see how this year plays out but as always I'm dedicated to improving the forum for all who use it. Also, feel free to let me know about any idea you might have!

Key:
=Not Completed
=In Progress
=Completed
Last edited by Snoopy on Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
WearySherpa wrote:Gimme that Snoopy seasoning.
IrvingJackelman

Is there a way to have push notifications to show up on your mobile? I have it set to On in the settings but my iPhone never receives them.

Sent from my iPhone using KCUrbEx
Snoopy
Administrator

IrvingJackelman wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:29 am Is there a way to have push notifications to show up on your mobile? I have it set to On in the settings but my iPhone never receives them.

Yea that has been broken for awhile now. I'm working with tapatalk to fix that. I'll add that to the list since I don't have a running thread on it yet.
Snoopy
Administrator

Status update on Forum App notifications.

I have been doing some troubleshooting on my side and determined the issue to be with our forum app. If you are wanting mobile notifications, you can sign into the forum through Tapatalk's app available on Google Play and the App Store. I ended up having to make a forum post on their website to get assistance with getting this fixed. Hoping to have this fixed by the end of the month but we'll see.
Snoopy
Administrator

Another update, they are building an update for our Android app; this should resolve our issues. I'm working on requesting an update for our iOS version.
IrvingJackelman

Nice!! So should we just wait on push notifications until end of month when you’ve worked it out or should I get that TapaTalk app add on?

Thank you so much dude

Snoopy
Administrator

IrvingJackelman wrote:Nice!! So should we just wait on push notifications until end of month when you’ve worked it out or should I get that TapaTalk app add on?

Thank you so much dude

I would just wait unless you just cant wait lol ill update here if that changes.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using KCUrbEx mobile app

kristofferson
Signal ID: pm me

Thanks for the hard work!! Much appreciated

21 | he/him