November/December 2020 Updates

Any issues or updates with KCUrbEx can be found here!
Snoopy
Administrator
Jami ID: sn00py
Signal ID: pm me 4 it

Hey all!

Hosting:
One big update that is going to be coming soon; we're switching hosts. I am having a ridiculous amount of issues with our current host with time out issues and they're not sure whats causing it. They keep changing settings on their end and its still not fixing the issue. This is keeping me from completing my usual admin duties such as maintenance and backups. I will have more on this soon but expect this switch to happen sometime in mid-December. The forum will most likely be down for several days until I can have everything up and running on the new service. As far as our yearly donations go, I don't anticipate needing any additional funds to make this happen and overall should end up saving us money.

Admin Team Changes:
This is something that needed to happen for awhile now but I needed to prune the list of those with Admin privileges and promote more active users to do some of the moderating. IrvingJackelman is now a full board admin, there needed to be someone else with full admin powers just in case. We have also decided that WearySherpa be promoted to our KCUrbEx Core team. Sherpa has been a consistent member of our community and this board and we think he'll make a great moderator. Jackelman's bump up has already been done, Sherpa's will take place in December before the new year.

New KCUrbEx Banner Contest!
I know its been awhile since I opened that thread up, but I plan to open a poll here in the next week with some mockups, that everyone can vote on. The new banner will be implemented January 1st 2021. App rebranding will follow in the months after. I think it'd be more fitting for this to be a yearly thing rather than a monthly. Its very time consuming to set this kind of stuff up.
SubLunar wrote:In the age of social media, new locations are treated like currency and entrance information spreads faster than the clap.
WearySherpa

Oh boy, I sure hope the power of moderating a small forum dedicated to a niche hobby doesn’t immediately go to my head.
Hank Hill
King of Cars

Wondered what happened to my admin badge ..... grrrrr
''thats what happens , light out there , dark in here''- Slim Jim
for the last time, yes ,i did just put my wheel on with a hammer.....
One man's duplication is another man's competitive analysis
Science flies men to the moon, religion flies men into buildings.
Snoopy
Administrator

WearySherpa wrote:Oh boy, I sure hope the power of moderating a small forum dedicated to a niche hobby doesn’t immediately go to my head.
Lmao, I sure hope it doesn't Image

Sent from my Pixel 3 using KCUrbEx mobile app

SubLunar wrote:In the age of social media, new locations are treated like currency and entrance information spreads faster than the clap.
Snoopy
Administrator

Hank Hill wrote:Wondered what happened to my admin badge ..... grrrrr
Don't worry, I have bigger plans in the long run. I just needed to make some changes first.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using KCUrbEx mobile app